Butcher Billy

R%2LU@9N06`]E@`F1~BUZS1.png

I admire his courage more than his artistic style. Because Kim Jong Eun is the leader of North Korea, normally artists are not too straightforward to create artwork on a leader face, but he caricatured Kim’s character to satirize the ambition of Kim. Because Kim want his country and his country’s culture have a place in the world trend.

I also quite like the colour he used. Some colour of the background are the contrast colour to the colour of the characters, contrast colour can form a sharp visual effect, it is quite clever for the designer to use this way to highlight the character.

Different kinds of book binding

)7LPDQP4UX[`@M$KM6LBCTG.png

Japanese Book Binding

IMG_3993.JPGIMG_3994.JPGIMG_3995.JPG

Spatial drawing

Tyrrells

I want to find  a series of food product, in this series, it contains various kinds of  tastes. So I wen to the Waitrose nearby to see which kinds of snack have the biggest market share.

Here is the photo of storage rack I took in the Waitrose.

IMG_3611.JPG

I found Tyrrells has the biggest market share in chips.

Tyrrells found in 2002.Within several years of its creation, Tyrrells expanded its market into Europe and later into the U.S. Tyrrells has received numerous awards for the taste and quality of its crisps, both in England, as well as internationally. I also went to their official website to see their introduce of products. They have like nearly 50 kinds of chips, no wonder they have the biggest market share.  The nutrition fact of Tyrrells's product is my best choice to choose.

X8X5)5T~VU}LRL7%T3~VJWF.png

Jim Bachor

Jim Bachor is a Chicago artist. When he fill the pit on the road, he intrgrates art into it. For me, it is like a patch for road. Like using a cloth to fill the pit, it is quite interesting, because people sedlom notice the problem on the road, he uses this way to attract people's attention, to imply the Chicago road pit is a serious problem. On one hand, He uses creative mosaic to the pit can beatify environmrnt, become a bright spot. On the other hand, using art to causr people reflect is a really , it make art become more meaningful.

JB2.png.1JB1.png.1

http://www.bachor.com/

Yuki Matsueda

Yuki Matsueda is a Japanese artist.

These signs are his installation artwork. These signs change from a two-dimensional plane to three-dimensional shape, is to break through the limitation of two-dimensional printing product.

I found it is very interesting, like the "This is EXIT", the little man escape from the ermergency exit door, it is really lively, it seem like telling people that if you follow the sign escape from the correct door, you can keep your life. These sign not like the normal one,  I consider that they stick out from wall, make it no more be a part of the wall, through this way people can pay more attention on the important sign, so to a certain extent it can play a better warning effect.

ym2.jpgym3.jpg

http://www.yuki-matsueda.com/

Matthew Barney Image

Matthew Barney

Drawing Restraint is a long-term project for Barney.

He was influrnced by his background as an athlete and sought to foreground the physical body and its tensions in a studio practice.

He did not draw into a place make hime comfortable, instead, he restrained his body. From his project,  I think what we should foucs on is not what he drew, but the format of drawing and the beauty of the body. Like the photo on the left, he was struggle to touch the roof,  he stretched his body make audience feel very relax, also give people a sense of tension, like what would happen next? 

Kohei Sugiura

Kohei Sugiura is a Japanese graphic designer. Most of his classical work is about book design.
I am fascinated by his design of the details. For me, graphic design is everywhere, there are no the place where should be designed where should not be designed. Few people will notice the page edge, but this designer he did. This book is about universe, so he put the star and something else to show the universe is huge and vast. Because his design of details, the book has more appreciative value.

????001.jpg.3??1.png

Shigeo Fukuda

Shigeo Fukuda is a Japanese graphic designer. He is my hero. In his desgins, you can learn lots of design principle.

Take the follwing black and white poster which is my favorite one as example, he used negative and positive space to create men's and women's leg, it is a quite clever way to prsent male and female legs in one image. You may wondering why legs will appear in poster, when you read the text underneath, you will know why and admire the designer's ingenuity. Because this poster is for a store, so designer use legs vividly show bussinemen want customers shopping in their store.

Another one is a summary for most of his poster for me. Because it has simple and strong colour and figure, also he used principle of illusion in his work, I think a designer must have a fixed colour matching, like he like used yellow and black, I think it is a classical collocation, because plenty of designs use yellow and black. He tried to show three-dimensional view in two-dimensional way, it is quite, becasue it only exist in graphic design, it cannot be realized in reality.

??2.png.2 ??3.png

Spatial drawing

Bernd and Hiller Becher

Bernd and Hiller Becher were German conceptual artists and photographers working as a collaborative duo. They were fascinated by the similar shapes in which certain buildings were designed. So they photoed  same architecture but had slightly differences and that is why they are famous for typology.

For me, these photos are very meaningful.  The things we see everyday but never notice, they might disapper someday because some reason. If we don not record them, they will disappera in our memory.  In my opinion, the artists recorded a nostalgic mood more than art. It is more like a documentraty instead of art. For a graphic student, they arranged the photos like a mesh, it is very orderly but clear, this arrangement is my style.

bernd-hilla-becher-56.jpgbernd-hilla-becher-82.jpgbernd-hilla-becher-81.jpgbernd-hilla-becher-gas-tanks_1983-44.jpg

Liam Gillick

Liam Gillick is an English conceptual artist. He like to use different colour in one project, he usually uses red, yellow, green, blue in his work. These colours were cut into strips and were put together again. I love the arrangement he put these colour together, because I learned drawing before, I know it is hard to make the raw colour look harmonious when they are together, but Liam handled very well by using transparent material.
British fashion brand Pringle Scotland commissioned artist Liam Gillick launched the exclusive capsule series.

Liam_Gillick_Buch_LUP_001_088_5GILLICK-68.jpgLiam_Gillick_Buch_LUP_001_088_5GILLICK-32.jpg

Gillick and Pringle design director Alistair Carr cooperation for the first time in the Miami. He used to put these colour in product design or installment, but this time, he put colour block on fashion product, the colour made the garment quite unique, full of personality. It help me think about I can use the colour on nutrition fact to make a fashion product.

20170711152404_001.jpg

Jim Bachor Image

Yuki Matsueda Image